Meeting began at about 4:05 pm
Members present: Laura Coffee, Mike Lyon, Steve Lawrence, Phil Mikus
Others present: Russ Alwood, Peter Gallinat, Tim Lannen
- June Clean Up Event June 21
- Request to add polystyrene (“Styrofoam”). Phil will check with Isabella County MRF.
- Tires – committee agreed to NOT include tires at the event since the County Conservation District is holding a tire collection event on the same day.
- Set up the day before - Steve said his staff can help set up traffic control signs/cones
- Remove roll off containers on Monday - This could be a problem with CMU. Steve will check into this
- Address list for mailing promotional material - Laura will need by the end of April
- Well Head Protection Program. The recently approved Union Township Well Head Protection Program was presented and discussed.
- Building a Greener Community
- CMU has a food composting program, services provided by Morgan Farm, Sears MI
- Front yard gardening option. Rules and regulations of the township can be written to allow for front yard gardening
- Energy Efficiency. How can our ordinances and building requirements encourage energy efficient building standards
- Create a statement that welcomes energy efficiency
- Information flyers on why it’s a benefit to the community
- Encourage heat pump technology